Holidays and Observances(Alphabetical Order)
2022 Daily Holidays that fall on October 30, include:
- Buy a Donut Day
- Checklist Day
- Create a Great Funeral Day
- Devil’s Night
- Haunted Refrigerator Night
- Mischief Night
- National Candy Corn Day
- National Publicist Day
- National Text Your Ex Day
- Pumpkin Bread Day
- Reformation Sunday – October 30, 2022 (Sunday before Halloween)
- Speak Up For Service Day
- Sugar Addiction Awareness Day
- Visit a Cemetery Day – October 30, 2022 (Last Sunday in October)
- World Audio Drama Day
2022 Weekly Holidays that include October 30, are:
- Cricket World Cup – October 16 – November 13, 2022
- Disarmament Week – October 24-30
- International Magic Week – October 25-31
- National Red Ribbon Week – October 23-31 (Last 9 days of October)
- Prescription Errors Education & Awareness Week – October 24-31
- Winter Weather Preparedness Week – October 20 – November 9 (Dates Vary by State)
- World Origami Days – October 24 – November 11
2022 Monthly Holidays that include October 30, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our October Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of October.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I’ll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
The Astrological Sign for October 30 is Scorpio which spans from October 23 to November 21.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birth Flower(s) for the Month of October is:
- Marigold is a Mediterranean native plant and has been prized for both its beauty and versatility. They come in a range of colors including white, gold, and yellow; however, probably the most popular is bright orange.
This year, I used several flats of marigolds around all my vegetables that I was growing. I also re-potted a bunch of hanging baskets with succulents and put some yellow marigolds in each one for some color.
The Birthstone(s) for October are :
- Opal gemstones are truly unique, because each individual gem is adorned with a one-of-a-kind color combination.
- Tourmaline is a favorite gemstone for many because it’s available in a rainbow of beautiful colors.
- 39 BC – Julia the Elder, daughter of Augustus (d. 14)
- 1735 – John Adams, American lawyer and politician who became the 2nd President of the United States (d. 1826)
- 1945 – Henry Winkler, American actor, comedian, director, and producer (Fonzie on Happy Days)
- 1981 – Ivanka Trump, American model, businesswoman, former senior advisor to the President of the United States as well as first daughter when her father Donald J. Trump was President
- 1910 – Henry Dunant, Swiss founder of the Red Cross (b. 1828)
- 1912 – James S. Sherman, American lawyer and politician who became the 27th Vice President of the United States (b. 1855)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1912 – Robert Baden Powell, Boy Scouts Founder marries Olave St. Clair Soames
- 1991 – Clint Black, American country singer marries American actress and singer, Lisa Hartman
Quote of the Day
Check out our Black Cats and Halloween page – Keep your black cats safe this time of year!
Recipe of the Day or a Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
October 30 is Pumpkin Bread Day!
This eggless pumpkin bread recipe has been my go to recipe for many years. It’s eggless for those allergic to eggs, is simple, and always turns out well. It does well with whole wheat pastry flour!
You can find this pumpkin bread recipe on Kerry’s Healthy Diet Habits Website!You can also try her Healthy Pumpkin Bread Recipe which is a must to welcome in the fall season! This recipe is lightened with applesauce and uses whole wheat pastry flour for a healthier product!
This Day in History
- 1831 – Nat Turner is arrested for leading the bloodiest slave rebellion in the history of the U.S.
- 1920 – The Communist Party of Australia is founded in Sydney
- 1941 – U.S. President Roosevelt approves $1 billion in Lend-Lease aid to the Allied nations
- 1947 – The General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), which is the foundation of the World Trade Organization (WTO) is founded
- 1953 – U.S. President Eisenhower approves NSC 162/2, a top secret document concerning the maintenance of a strong nuclear deterrent against the Soviet Union
- 1961 – The Soviet Union detonates the Tsar Bomba, which is the most powerful explosive device ever detonated
- 1985 – The Space Shuttle Challenger lifts off for it’s mission STS-61-A which is it’s final successful mission
- 2020 – A 7.0 magnitude earthquake hits in the Aegean Sea between Greece and Turkey that triggers a tsunami that kills 119 people primarily due to collapsed buildings
This Day in Music
- 1987 – Faith, George Michael’s first solo album is released and goes to #1 in the UK and the U.S., as well as winning the Grammy Award for Album of the Year
- 1999 – Supernatural, an album by Santana goes to #1 in the U.S.
- 2001 – Lenny is the sixth studio album released by Lenny Kravitz with a fourth Grammy Award winning hit, Dig In (video below)
- 2007 – Long Road Out of Eden is released by The Eagles
- 2021 – Foo Fighters, Tina Turner, LL Cool J, Carole King, Todd Rundgren, Jay-Z and the Go-Go’s are inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
This Day in Sports
- 1871 – Philadelphia Athletics win the 1st National Association baseball pennant when they beat Chicago
- 1919 – The Baseball league presidents call for the abolishment of spitball
- 1963 – Sandy Koufax wins the National League MVP award
- 1974 Nolan Ryan of the California Angel’s throws the fastest recorded pitch (100.9 MPH)