Holidays and Observances(Alphabetical Order)
2022 Daily Holidays that fall on July 11, include:
- All American Pet Photo Day
- Bowdler’s Day
- Cheer Up the Lonely Day
- Day of the Five Billion
- International Essential Oils Day
- International Town Criers Day – July 11, 2022 (Second Monday in July)
- Make Your Own Sundae Day
- National Blueberry Muffin Day
- National Cheer Up The Lonely Day
- National Mojito Day
- National Rainier Cherries Day
- National Swimming Pool Day
- Slurpee Day or 7-11’s Birthday
- World Population Day
2022 Weekly Holidays that include July 11, are:
- Air Conditioning Appreciation Days – July 3 – August 15
- Creative Maladjustment Week – July 7-14
- Operation Safe Driver Week – July 10-16, 2022
2022 Monthly Holidays that include July 11, are:
There are too many monthly holidays to include here, so please check out our July Holidays page to see all of the holidays that are celebrated the entire month of July.
- A page on each holiday will be coming soon and linked above.
- If a date is a movable holiday, that is different every year, I’ll include the year as well as the date rule above. Otherwise, the holiday falls on the same date each year.
World Festivals and Events(Date Order)
- Tour de France – July 1-24, 2022 – this is the world’s most high profile bicycle race.
- Jim Thorpe Native American Games – July 10-19, 2022
The Astrological Sign for July 11 is Cancer.
Birth Flower of the Month
The Birthstone(s) for July is:
- Rubies which are said to guarantee health, wisdom, wealth, and success in love
- 1767 – John Quincy Adams, American lawyer and politician who became the 6th President of the United States (d. 1848)
- 1959 – Richie Sambora, American singer, songwriter and member of Bon Jovi
- 1806 – James Smith, Irish-American lawyer and politician who was a signer of the U.S. Declaration of Independence as a representative of Pennsylvania (b. 1719)
- 1989 – Laurence Olivier, English actor, director and producer (Wuthering Heights, Rebecca, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof) (b. 1907)
- 2007 – Lady Bird Johnson, 43rd First Lady of the United States (b. 1912)
Famous Weddings and Divorces
- 1877 – Inventor and scientist Alexander Graham Bell marries Mabel Hubbard
- 1955 – Actor Clark Gable (Gone With the Wind) marries former fashion model and actress Kay Spreckles
- 1976 – Singer and actor Frank Sinatra marries 4th wife Barbara Marx
- 2009 – Actor Channing Tatum marries actress Jenna Dewan
- 2009 – Actor and Director Robert Redford marries artist Sibylee Szaggars
Quote of the Day
July 11th is Cheer Up The Lonely Day!
There are many people in this world that are alone. It’s possible to be alone and not feel lonely, while it is also possible to be in a crowd and feel lonely. After 15 years of marriage, I divorced and have remained single by choice. I actually don’t mind living alone, as I have many hobbies and four websites that I own that need constant updating and new pages. In December of 2021, I purchased 3.66 acres of raw land that I will be building a small house and planting a huge organic orchard and organic veggie/herb garden with tons of pollinator flowers, among many other things! I keep myself busy! I have family and friends that I can visit with if I need to be around others, or break up my day. Social Media has made it easy to reconnect with friends from the past, and make new online friends with similar interests. I’ve met a bunch of my online friends in person already.I try to get out every day and walk around the neighborhood, or since I purchased my property, I do a lot of walking around it. I’ve already met six of my new neighbors. I’m an introvert, but I’m making more of an effort these days to connect with others. Simple things like a smile and saying hello to those you pass along the way can brighten someone’s day. I’m always amazed when you get no response back from people…this seems so easy!Loneliness causes people to feel empty, alone, and unwanted. Everyone can reach out to others – start with your family members! A phone call, a card in the mail, just let them know that you are thinking about them and love them! Brighten someone else’s day!
Recipe of the Day or a Healthy Diet Habit Tip of the Day
July 11th is National Blueberry Muffin Day!
These healthy blueberry muffins include egg whites, low fat buttermilk, whole wheat pastry flour, flax seeds, blueberries, and nuts. Healthy recipes should include healthy ingredients! Rather than doing without the foods that you love, simply modify them and upgrade the ingredients. This bread recipe is modified to include less fat, less sugar, no egg yolks, and whole wheat pastry flour, rather than white flour! You can eat them without guilt. Pair one with an egg and sliced fruit for a healthy breakfast.
Get the recipe for Healthy Blueberry Muffins from Kerry’s Healthy Diet Habits website!
This Day in History
- 1798 – The U.S. Marine Corps is re-established after they had been disbanded after the American Revolutionary War
- 1804 – During a duel, the Vice President of the United States Aaron Burr mortally wounds former Secretary of the Treasury Alexander Hamilton
- 1848 – Waterloo railway station in London opens
- 1889 – Tijuana, Mexico is founded
- 1914 – The USS Nevada is launched
- 1921 – Former President of the United States William Howard Taft is sworn in as the 10th Chief Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
- 1922 – The Hollywood Bowl amphitheater opens
- 1936 – New York City opens the Triborough Bridge to traffic for the first time
- 1960 – To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee is published in the United States
- 1962 – First transatlantic satellite television transmission
- 1973 – The FAA bans smoking in airplane lavatories after Varig Flight 820 crashes near Paris, France killing 123 of the 134 on board
- 1977 – The Presidential Medal of Freedom is posthumously awarded to Martin Luther King, Jr.
- 1979 – America’s first space station, Skylab is destroyed as it re-enters the Earth’s atmosphere over the Indian Ocean
- 1991 – All 261 passengers and crew on board Nigeria Airways Flight 2120 crashes in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
- 2006 – 209 people are killed in a series of bomb attacks in Mumbai, India
- 2010 – 74 people are killed in twin suicide bombings at two locations in Kampala, Uganda
This Day in Music
- 1969 – Honky Tonk Women is released by The Rolling Stones
- 1970 – The cover of Summertime Blues is released by The Who
- 1970 – The Woodstock soundtrack to the film hits #1
- 1970 – Mama Told Me Not to Come by Three Dog Night hits #1 (video below)
- 2009 – I Gotta Feelin by the Black Eyed Peas replaces another of their songs Boom Boom Pow at #1
This Day in Sports
- 1895 – The first ever automobile race takes place between Paris and Bordeaux in 48 hours, 48 minutes
- 1914 – Babe Ruth makes his debut in Major League Baseball
- 1985 – Nolan Ryan of the Astros is the first to strike out 4,000