Who is Channing Tatum? – Hollywood superstar Channing Tatum is the most talented actor and producer who has consistently given blockbuster films in the past few years. His journey in the industry began back in 2000. Since then, he has appeared in several big-banner movies such as G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra and its sequel G.I. Joe: Retaliation, White House Down (2013), Hail, Caesar! (2016), and Logan Lucky (2017). He has also been credited in several television shows throughout his acting career. On the personal front, Tatum married actress Jenna Dewan on July 11, 2009. They have a daughter who was born in 2013. Though, the couple divorced in November 2019. He has a massive fan following on his social medial platforms. We have shared Channing Tatum Height Weight and other details here.
Early Life & Education – Tatum was born on April 26, 1980, in Cullman, Alabama. His mother is Kay Tatum (née Faust), an airline worker whereas her father named Glenn Tatum worked in a reputed construction firm. Initially, he went to Gaither High School located in Hillsborough county but his parents always wanted to give him the best education so then he attended Tampa Catholic High School where he graduated in 1998. After school, he enrolled in a public college named Glenville State College, but couldn’t able to complete the complete course and eventually became a drop-out.
Career – Initially, he did several minor jobs and finally moved to Miami for a promising career opportunity where he luckily found a model talent agent who approached and convinced him to pursue a career in the entertainment industry. His first acting job was in Ricky Martin’s music video called She Bangs where he was featured as a dancer. He then was featured for Mountain Dew and Pepsi’s TV commercial. As a model, he appeared in campaigns for Dolce & Gabbana, Emporio Armani, and American Eagle Outfitters.
Tatum’s first film was the 2005 biographical teen sports drama Coach Carter where he played the role of Jason Lyle alongside Samuel L. Jackson, Rob Brown, Robert Ri’chard, and Rick Gonzalez. That same year, he starred in three more films named Havoc, Supercross, and War of the Worlds. In 2006, he was seen portraying Duke Orsino in the romantic comedy teen sports She’s the Man opposite Amanda Bynes. The film did moderate business at the box office and received mixed responses from the audience and critics.
In the same year, Tatum got his career’s breakthrough role as a hip-hop dancer named Tyler Gage in Anne Fletcher’s romantic dance drama Step Up opposite his former wife Jenna Dewan. Despite negative reviews from critics, the film grossed $114.2 million worldwide. After seeing the success of the film, the makers have released its four sequels and a television series. Later on that year, he played Young Antonio in the American drama “A Guide to Recognizing Your Saints”.
He then delivered an outstanding performance in the 2008 American war-drama Stop-Loss. In 2009, he had three big releases, titled Fighting, Public Enemies, & G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. His other notable works include 21 Jump Street (2012), Magic Mike (2012), G.I. Joe: Retaliation (2013), Foxcatcher (2014), and The Lost City (2022).
Channing Tatum Height Weight Body Stats Age Family Facts
Channing Tatum Personal Details
- Birth Name : Channing Matthew Tatum
- Nick Name : Chan
- Birthday : April 26, 1980
- Age : 42
- Birthplace : Cullman, Alabama, U.S.
- Nationality : American
- Religion : Christianity
- Occupation : Actor, Producer
- Ethnicity : Multiracial
- Zodiac Sign : Taurus
- Sexuality : Bisexual
- Eye Color : Green
- Hair Color : Light Brown
Channing Tatum Family
- Father : Glenn Tatum (Construction Business)
- Mother : Kay Faust (Airline Worker)
- Siblings : Paige Tatum (Sister), Christopher Anderson (Step-Brother)
- Spouse : Jenna Dewan (m. 2009; div. 2019)
- Children : Everly Tatum (b. May 31, 2013)
Channing Tatum Body Measurements
- Height in Meter : 1.84 m (184 cm)
- Height in Feet : 6 Feet 0.5 Inches
- Weight in Kg : 89 kg
- Weight in lbs : 196 lbs
- Chest in Inches : Not Known
- Waist in Inches : Not Known
- Biceps in Inches : Not Known
Channing Tatum Dating History
Zoe Kravitz (2021-Present) – Initially, Tatum was rumored to be dating actress Zoe Kravitz in 2021. The couple was even seen together hanging around in Brooklyn. They officially confirmed their relationship in late 2021.
He has been previously dated Eliska Sursova (2004-2005), Jenna Dewan-Tatum (2005-2018, and Jessie J (2018-2020).
Channing Tatum Distinctive Features
- Deep Resonant Voice
- Muscular Physique
Channing Tatum Favorite Things
- Movie – The Goonies
- Color – Blue, Green
- Disney Character – Sentient broom from Fantasia
- Pizza Toppings – Pepperoni and Cheese
Channing Tatum Facts
- He wanted to become a football player while growing up.
- At 6, His family moved to Pascagoula, Mississippi area.
- While in school, he practised wuzuquan kung fu.
- As a kid, he suffered from ADHD and dyslexia.
- Tatum was paid $400 for his appearance in a music video She Bangs as a dancer.
- He modeled for severan big fashion brands such as Armani and Abercrombie & Fitch.
- Apart from his acting career, he has written two books named The One and Only Sparkella and The One and Only Sparkella Makes a Plan.
- He is the founder of two productions company named 33andOut Productions and Iron Horse Entertainment.
- The 41-year-old actor shaved his head after the filming of Dog which was released in 2021.
- Channing Tatum and actress Jordana Brewster share the same birth date.
- Connect with him on Instagram and Twitter.
You Might Also Like
- Eamon Farren Height Weight Body Stats Age Family Facts
- Oscar Isaac Height Weight Body Stats Age Family Facts